Friday, August 07, 2026

Punt The New Ballroom To The Next Administration

Lawn sign
Dummy Donnie's Folly
There is a pending court case to stop the construction of Trump's new ballroom/secure bunker/man cave or whatever else he decides to put there.   

I know Trump will argue you just can't stop construction on a partially built structure.  That's why he tore down the old East Wing before anyone could stop him. 

You sure as hell can stop a project mid-construction.  It happens all the time.  Stop construction.  Stabilize what is there.  Make it safe and secure and let it just sit there.  Ugly as it is.  Call it "Dummy's Folly".  My first choice was "FU's. Folly", but Trump has screwed up so many things I want to hold that for something more consequential.  If we start labeling all of Trump's worst screwups the ballroom wouldn't even make the top 25.

I would like to find a way to make Trump pay for this stabilization since he caused this mess, but I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court would say it was part of his presidential duties so he can't be held personally responsible.   I've got to admit he does seem to care more about building monuments to himself than he does about little things like losing a war he started.

I suggest we leave the ballroom uncompleted until 2029 when there is a new president and new Congress.  Let them decide what to do with it.  It will make Trump so mad every time he sees it.  Maybe it will make him rethink starting construction on his "Arc de Idiot".

No comments: